BSNL& vista problem

Discussion in 'BSNL broadband' started by rpraveenkum, Apr 23, 2008.

1. rpraveenkum

rpraveenkum New Member

I have BSNL Broadband connection with WA3002G4 wifi modem. i can surf the internet using my laptop download the files but i cann't save the dowloaded in my drives i logged as admin. also i cann't able to use yahoo messenger.
    same modem is ok with destop pc with XP. please assist to solve the problem

thanks
  2. superprash2003

superprash2003 New Member

hey rpraveenkum ,
    you seem to be having some serious problem.. its mostly a virus or a spyware. .i mean i cant see any reason why you cant download stuff to your drive.Although it could be possible if the drive is set to READ-ONLY.. have you tried with other drives.. are you able to create a new folder in the drive where you cannot download files to?
  3. rpraveenkum

rpraveenkum New Member

hey thanks for the reply

I have solved the problem, it is with the mcafee antivirus setting
  4. kumararunp

kumararunp New Member

Could you let me know how did you reslove the issue as i am also facing problem with UT-300R2U modem on vista premium on HP laptop..

Thanks..
  5. just4kix

just4kix Guardian Angel Staff Member

McAfee Viruscan can implement user defined rules that prevent many things:

a) User can be prevented from accessing, copying, saving files (by file type, extension, etc.)
    b) Some executables such as Messengers can be blocked by their executable names

However your problem could be different. How are you connecting to UT-300R2U - USB or LAN? If you are using USB, then this could be driver problem. Try connecting by LAN (RJ45) cable.
  6. kumararunp

kumararunp New Member

I am connecting using the LAN (RJ45) cable. The same is working on my desktop with WIN XP. It was also working on the HP laptop untill recently when the updates were installed. I don't know id updates have changed some configuration other than those mentioned in manual.

--Arun
  7. kumararunp

kumararunp New Member

I have been able to connect/browse to internet after uninstalling the recent updates for windows vista. But i am unable to use the messenger as it dow not connect to internet and MSN shows error in webports during diagonsis.

Could someone help me with setting any of the one messengers MSN, Yahoo or Google as i would like to do Video chat using webcam.

Thanks,

--Arun
  8. superprash2003

superprash2003 New Member

9. kumararunp

kumararunp New Member

Hi Prash,

I am not able to connect using pidgin as well. Could someone help me with conncting using the messengers MSN, Yahoo or googleTalk.

I also tried trillian and eyeball messengers.

Thanks in Advance,

--Arun