BSNL GPRS Activation

Discussion in 'Bsnl Mobile' started by Archer, May 13, 2010.

1. Archer

Archer New Member

I wish to subscribe to BSNL GPRS service. I tried sending SMS GPRSPRE/GPRS PRE to 53733 mentioned in BSNL web-page and I got reply SMS saying...
    But I didn't get any confirmation SMS even after 4-5 days. I also tried 2-3 times but still no reply. Is there any special requirements for GPRS activation ? Or is there any other method to activate GPRS service ?

Connection details

Plan : Ayush
    No. : 9400xxxxxx
    Connection : Prepaid
    Balance: Rs. 100

Also, is the tariff plans for mobile GPRS service the same as 2G data card net connection (tariff page) ?
    Last edited: May 13, 2010
  2. imrock

imrock The Master

ya i too wish to activate GPRS on my Mom's cell phone and i got the message too!But i never got the settings even after 1 month!:mad:
  3. Archer

Archer New Member

If it's just the GPRS settings, you can get it from http://cellone.in/cellone_msp.htm. But nothing can be done, unless they activate it. :(
  4. mickey

mickey New Member

you should call their customer care at 9400024365
  5. Archer

Archer New Member

OK, will try that.
  6. imrock

imrock The Master

thanks for the link Archer!

i sometimes get "GPRS already activated" but there are no settings.will get settings from here.:)
    Rep+:)
  7. Archer

Archer New Member

Thanks for the repo. :)

I called the customercare and learned that I need atleast Rs. 250 balance in my prepaid account.
  8. Archer

Archer New Member

It wasn't because of low balance. I also tried to activate GPRS on postpaid connection but didn't work. :(
  9. imrock

imrock The Master

Archer thanks to u because of u my net got activated on cell!!

you try that link u gave me and send all settings to your cell!!:)
  10. Archer

Archer New Member

Thanks a lot. It worked. I though we need to activate GPRS service for it to work. Seems like GPRS is pre-activated in SIM Cards. Repo, back to you. ;)
  11. aamirmkhan

aamirmkhan New Member

bsnl mobile and cellone confusion

i have a bsnl mobile postpaid card it shows bsnl mobile as service provider for current bill inquiry by sending message as BILL to 53333 it comes back as BILL only when i try to call customer care they say choose manually CELLONE as service provider did same but same problem it shows BSNL MOBILE only also trying to activate gprs but told as have give a written application for that
  12. sharkeye

sharkeye New Member

I tried to sms gprs to 53733. But they responded that it was an "Invalid Command".
  13. scorpion2189

scorpion2189 New Member

This number is no longer active. I got the number 18001801503 or just 1503 from bsnl landline helpline for mobile services. But this number too doesn't connect to the customer care representative, they just keep you on hold indefinitely till you get irritated n hang up...
  14. essbebe

essbebe LEARNER

15. ranjitraut

ranjitraut New Member

There was this link on BSNL site, where u put in your mobile no. and they SMS back the settings... I dont actually remember the site.
    or you can try
    BSNL Customer Care