Broadband disconnection

Discussion in 'BSNL broadband' started by jssrk, Jun 25, 2009.

1. jssrk

jssrk New Member

Hy guys iam leaving my state this month for my further studies and i would return back for vacations for a month or so after each year.i would like to know how to disconnect my broadband connection and how to reconnect during my vacation. please tell me the full procedure iam in a great confusion now...

Thanks in advance friends
  2. meetdilip

meetdilip Guest

To surrender your connection, you need to submit an application with your local exchange. It won't be easy to retain the connection after 1 year for a month. It will be better to change to Home 125 or Home 250.
  3. essbebe

essbebe LEARNER

@jsrrk
    Contact CC in Exchange in person.
    You can give an application well in advance to disconnect
    your broadband connection for a particular month.
    Get a receipt in your copy of your application.

Now the charges for Safe custody of Telephone is also reduced.
    The facility will not be available for part of a month.
    No need to disconnect Telephone or BB connection.
    Modem rent if any has to be paid.

Please Check "Safe custody" of Telephone at reduced charges,
    is available max for six months /one year .

Or Phone will be used , but BB to be disconnected,
    as mentioned above, for long period may not be possible.
    In my friend's case when he went abroad his BB was deactivated
    for six months without any charges.
    ( Phone Safe custody charges were paid )

Update0735 : A temporary connection for a month is possible.
    see
    http://www.bsnl.co.in/service/dataone_tariff.htm
  4. jssrk

jssrk New Member

regarding modem i bought it so no problem. and ha friends cannot i suspend da
    connection for a year or so and i am going to use it for a month each year.any suggestions please

need more replies guys
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
  5. jssrk

jssrk New Member

plz tell me to whom i should apply for a plan change
  6. meetdilip

meetdilip Guest

7. jssrk

jssrk New Member

yar a written request to the commisioner officer or to whom
  8. essbebe

essbebe LEARNER

Go to your Telephone Exchange and submit the
    application in duplicate and get a receipt in your copy.
    Application in plain paper. No form specified.
    Change of tariff normally effected on the first of the month.

REF:Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.
  9. meetdilip

meetdilip Guest

I think JTO.
  10. just4kix

just4kix Guardian Angel Staff Member

I do not think that there is any procedure that allows temporary suspension of Broadband - landline: yes, broadband: I haven't heard of it.

The safe custody of telephone was a facility of yesteryears. In those days, it was difficult to get a telephone connection - there was years of waiting list. Naturally people did not want to surrender a connection. Hence this scheme existed.

For BB, I have not read of any such scheme. If you surrender the BB connection, it implies disconnection. It implies that when you return home during vacation, it will be a fresh connection and you will be charged connection/setup charges again. Also, you may not get the connection on day 1. And by the time BSNL activates the connection, you may have lost a good 15-20 days before connection is restored.

If you are going out of state for studies, then I am assuming that the place where you live is your parent's house. You could keep minimal broadband alive for them and teach them on how to use it for emails, etc. so that they could stay in touch with you.

You can switch to Home-125 or Home -250 connection to keep the connection alive.
  11. panchabhut

panchabhut Active Member

In case u are staying with your parents, before disconecting or changing your plan, the one thing that you must give a thought is that for the one year that you would be away, you would need to communicate with your parents on a regular basis. And for that, a VOIP (incl. video also if u want) would be a much cheaper solution than the standard ISD. For that u need to have a working BB connection at your parents' place and with significant free usage and bandwidth.
  12. jssrk

jssrk New Member

Finally applied for a plan chane to home 125..how to check whether my plan has been changed or not..

I tried the site bbservice.bsnl.in

N select my orders but there was nothing new...is the process correct what i was doing

How long will it take to change to a new plan. and what the process going behind bsnl about this
  13. meetdilip

meetdilip Guest

Either bbservice.bsnl.in or data.bsnl.in, check under " my orders ". Look for effective date and the word " Provisioned ". It has some hidden charges and a few traps. Please go through

Precautions during BSNL Broadband Plan Change
  14. just4kix

just4kix Guardian Angel Staff Member

Plan change happens on the 1st of every month. Since you applied just now, I am not sure when this will happen in your case.

Keep checking in the portal and when the status shows "Provisioned", it means that change is effective.

After switching to Home 125, be very careful about downloads and browsing as usage limit is very low. And change your modem setup to bridge mode.
  15. jssrk

jssrk New Member

friends please tell me i cannot see home 125 as provisioned till now neither i cannot see my july usage why is it so..

friends i cannot neither see for provision for my home 125 from 500 plan till now...i applied it on 31st of june....i tried the site bbservice under my orders....why is it so...
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
  16. kirankumargb

kirankumargb Guest

It will not reflect so soon, it may take still a few days(if they said it will be done by first :D ). BSNL works always slow so just wait for few more ays then approach your exchange and ask them.
  17. meetdilip

meetdilip Guest

Check regularly. Make follow ups. It will take almost a week.
  18. jssrk

jssrk New Member

friends can i continue to download in my happy hours. then
  19. meetdilip

meetdilip Guest

I think Yes. Check the portal regularly to avoid surprises.
  20. kirankumargb

kirankumargb Guest

its better you confirm it from exchange,
    as dilip said you may still be in old plan only and can download in happy hours but if they have changed then its problem, so better just call or visit your accounts officer and ask him if your plan is changed or not then go for download

Precaution is better than cure :)