Airtel Delhi 256 Unlimited Plan(649 rental plan)

Discussion in 'Airtel Broadband' started by sapney, Jun 8, 2009.

1. sapney

sapney New Member

Hi All,

I am soon going to get a new airtel BB connection in North West Delhi with 256 Unlimited plan. Can anyone here using this plan advice me on following: -

1. What is the maximum speed which i may expect under this plan?

2. Is there any connectivity issue in this plan like frequent disconnection etc.?

3. How responsive is its customer care?

4. I will using internet through WIFI device. Is there any issue?

5.Is fair usage policy applicable though not stated on Airtel website under this plan?

6. What will be the range of WIFI device.

7. I am paying onetime non-refundable Rs. 1500/- for WIFI device. What if WIFI device gets problem? will it be replaced?

8. How about billing accuracy?

Thanks in advance for all your responses..
  2. just4kix

just4kix Guardian Angel Staff Member

Congratulations. Airtel is one of the good BB companies. To answer some of your questions:

1. What is the maximum speed which i may expect under this plan?
    A. You can expect a maximum speed of 32 KB/s in this plan

2. Is there any connectivity issue in this plan like frequent disconnection etc.?
    A. Airtel is much better in this regard. Though disconnections can happen, they are generally few and far in between.

3. How responsive is its customer care?
    A. Most people swear on good service from Airtel. I do not have Airtel so I cannot comment.

4. I will using internet through WIFI device. Is there any issue?
    A. Yes. You must keep your wi-fi network protected. Please read the many posts in "Broadband How-to" section.

5.Is fair usage policy applicable though not stated on Airtel website under this plan?
    A. Airtel has applied FUP on all unlimited plans. That is what I have heard. This policy really sucks.

6. What will be the range of WIFI device.
    A. A wifi router has a radius of 25 meters but the best strength is available within 15m. Note that walls and other obstacles will impede the signal further.

7. I am paying onetime non-refundable Rs. 1500/- for WIFI device. What if WIFI device gets problem? will it be replaced?
    A. Generally most companies give a one-year warranty. But talk to Airtel.

8. How about billing accuracy?
    A. Generally they are accurate.
  3. rodeoz

rodeoz New Member

I have airtel 256kbps unlimited plan in north delhi. The speed is usually more than 256..(both upload and download)..the billing is usually accurate and if there are any issues they are sorted very easily. Customer Care is good. Never had any connectivity problem or slowing down problem for the past 4 months. Installation too was quick.

Airtel Fair Usage policy is not applicable in north delhi.Talk to their customer care executive(not the guy who is willing to sell you a connection,they hardly know a thing).

and ya..i got a modem and instrument(telephone) waiver..if you have been using any internet connection in the past,show them the bill and they will waive off the security for the modem and the phone instrument. (Even if you were not using any internet connection in the past,insist on getting a waiver).
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2009
  4. ShAnKeY

ShAnKeY New Member

I live in west Delhi .FUP is not applicable here as well.
  5. Sid

Sid Guest

At my friends place Airtel is giving speed of around 35-40 KBps with 256 Kbps UL plan ,though technically you can get a maximum of 32 KBps.

There are not much problems of disconnection and all.

CC is better then some of the ISP's

That's all i know........
  6. sapney

sapney New Member

Hi,
    Thanks 4 all ur responses.

At last i have got my airtel broadband connection yesterday. Speed is amazing.

In 256kbps ul plan i am getting 350kbps download and 400kbps upload.
    I have got beetel 450 bxi wifi modem.
    I dont know why but despite of my request technician has not provided me with login id and password for modem. I tried admin : admin but denied.

Is any one here have any idea about the login id and password
  7. aryan24

aryan24 New Member

350 kbps download speed on 256 kbps plan??get read buddy...lol
  8. newprouser

newprouser Guest

see the user name ;)
  9. mickey

mickey New Member

10. rodeoz

rodeoz New Member

try username: admin
    password : password
  11. essbebe

essbebe LEARNER

admin password.
    Save present settings to Hard disk !

If you have an installation CD ignore this. ( modem/router similar Board )
    h t t p://chennai.bsnl.co.in/BBS/WA3002G4.htm
  12. ashish777

ashish777 New Member

Yup,me too have this plan,and i usually get download speeds more than 32kbps normally 38kbps!
    Customer care is responsive towards your complaints (if any,one in three months) and the technician comes within an hour.