Airtel 3g

Discussion in 'Airtel Mobile' started by tomydelhi, Mar 2, 2011.

1. tomydelhi

tomydelhi New Member

When Airtel is going to start 3G in delhi NCR region?
  2. tomydelhi

tomydelhi New Member

Update:

Today they have started it, but huge rates they are charging

Anybody started using it?
  3. tomydelhi

tomydelhi New Member

Update:-

Used it for two days
    In open places the speed is excellent
    But interiors, it is so so
    Whenever we use 3G inside rooms, the mobile phoe signal is getting weak
    I think the 3G spectrum is eating up the 2G signals
  4. neerajvohra

neerajvohra New Member

yes, I too faced the same issue. I called the cc to make a complaint and they told me that they are adding more towers. lol I asked then WTF I am paying for 3g when I lost signals. I am back to 2g, lucky hadn't recharged the 750rs plan, just did with 200rs to get 200mb which I downloaded the same day while walking in a park. :D:D
  5. panchabhut

panchabhut Active Member

its common problem with GSM-3G service as they function on 2100 band. if you keep the device near a open window, you would find marked improvement.
    comparatively EVDO functions better indoors as they work on 800 band. of course, with EVDO, it is not possible to have simultatious voice and data calls which is possible with GSM-3G
  6. tomydelhi

tomydelhi New Member

Why you are paying that much

Take a 98 rs. 2GB unlimited 2G plan and it will work perfect for 3G also

What is the solution for this?
    What about using both modes together?
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  7. bajaj151

bajaj151 Member

How to use Airtel 3G on Nokia 5610 (recharged with Rs.200)
  8. neerajvohra

neerajvohra New Member

I didn't get that, you mean recharge with 2g plan and use it with 3g ? Aint they gonna cut off my balance ? I don't wanna lose my 2k+ balance for such trick ?
  9. ulysses

ulysses Member

Best do all this short cuts with a pre paid sim and not your main no!

Yes ! Better to get a new pre paid sim and do experiments like this.:eek:
  10. neerajvohra

neerajvohra New Member

I tried with the old SIM and its working :D

I get a data message for deducting mb's from 2g plan, though im using 3g :D:D

11. pisces_m

pisces_m New Member

Airtel is giving promotional offer to all its customers till further notice. I also use 98 recharge for 2gb on 2G and i got a sms from Airtel as a promotional offer you can use 3G at 2G speed rates so i changed my network mode to dual and now i am getting 3G speeds at 2G rates.

But it will not last for long, at last you will need to shift to 3G or stay back to 2G in any case the prevailing charges will apply as per usage.
  12. tomydelhi

tomydelhi New Member

It is not a trick or experiment
    It is officially confirmed from Airtel (even Vodafone) that the exising plans will continue for a limited period
    Let it go like that till they re think.
    I am using 3G and my balance automatically get deducted every month 98 rupees only and I am getting 2 GB free
    You recharge the mobile with 98 rupees and see (for delhi customers)
  13. ulysses

ulysses Member

In south - Airtel 3G trials during which they were giving 3G speeds for GPRS plans has stopped I think. ( Any memebers getting 3 G speeds in GPRS recharge in Bangalore,Hyderaabd,Chennai- correct me if Iam wrong)
    Vodaphone which is under trial in Tamilnadu-has announced that till April 1st or so one can enjoy 3g speeds in GPRS plans.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1209473455.png
  14. tomydelhi

tomydelhi New Member

Anybody from UAE here?
  15. dasiydee

dasiydee New Member

Airtel broadband connection in chennai | PRI

bharti airtel limited is a leading global telecommunications company with operations in 19 countries across Asia and Africa. The company offers mobile voice & data services, fixed line, high speed broadband, IPTV, DTH, turnkey telecom solutions for enterprises and national & international long distance services to carriers. bharti airtel has been ranked among the six best performing technology companies in the world by business week. bharti airtel had 200 million customers across its operations.
  16. just4kix

just4kix Guardian Angel Staff Member

Thanks for the commercial. Let us discuss the issue now.