Aircel 3G on 2G

Discussion in 'Aircel 3G' started by pritam79, May 12, 2011.

1. pritam79

pritam79 New Member

Hi all,
    I am using Aircel pocket internet 98/- on my PC, with Nokia 2700 Classic which is a 2G phone. I have heared people say that it is possible to gain Aircel 3G speeds on a 2G phone using 2G Pocket internet plan. is that true? if so how?
  2. Warrior

Warrior Member

impossible to get 3g speeds on 2G phone
  3. mickey

mickey New Member

yes.. as dheeraj is saying.. how can you get 3G speeds on a 2G device...
    people are getting 3G speed on a 2G plans when they are changing their network to UMTS 2100. and this like no new trick.. everyone's doing, and the companies are happy because when you have higher speed you consume more.
  4. Warrior

Warrior Member

This trick worked only for 2 days for me on Aircel. Not quite sure it's still ON but definitely not at my place.

When i change it to UMTS it don't get any 3G signal under 2G

Adding to that Aircel maintains different DATA accounts for both GPRS and 3G

Attached Files:

5. mickey

mickey New Member

News for me.. thanks for the info..
    i never used aircel 3g .
  6. pritam79

pritam79 New Member

I am from Assam circle. If I do buy a 3G cell and get 3G speed on my 2G Rs 98 plan, will such tricks continue forever? Or such tricks are benefiting the users just temporarily, which may come to an end sometime in the near future (i.e when the service providers disable such tricks)? And please explain- "the companies are happy because when you have higher speed you consume more".

I would also like to know which 3G Nokia model should I buy in order to avail such benefits? I need a 3G set just for internet and not for any other use.
  7. Warrior

Warrior Member

ofcourse, those speeds will not last long.

One of my friend purchased nokia c5 model ( hsdpa @ 10.2mbps) , he uses phone as modem.
  8. pritam79

pritam79 New Member

OK, if it is obvious that such tricks wont last long, would it be advisable to buy a 3G handset now just to use this facility, because I have been using 2G so far..or would that be just a short-term gain?
  9. Warrior

Warrior Member

No need to buy 3g handset for short-term gains , also battery will drain quickly.

It's better to purchase UNLOCKED 3G data card and it's a good investment. Tricks wont last.
    I used bsnl 3G trick in 606 recharge, which lasted for 14 days.
    I used aircel 3G trick in 250 recharge, which lasted for 2 days.
    Currently using airtel 3G trick in 98 recharge, just started today.

http://www.indiabroadband.net/airtel-3g/35343-doubt-regarding-3g-activation.html

If you lucky you may get many more tricks in future it's better to purchase 3G unlocked data card.

Having said this they won't last for many days, some day or the other you need to go with regular 3G DATA PLANS

The only trick which lasted for 1 year for me is airtellive apn on UCWEB mobile browser
  10. mickey

mickey New Member

yes.. Mdheeraj is correct.. thoughts have seriously changed even at my side.. i used to browse using phone as modem, but i purchased 3G modem and its better at most of the points..
  11. Warrior

Warrior Member

ya, it's better to go with 3G modem , huawei e173 priced at 1,899 rs only from one ebay seller. Offer period upto 15/05/2011

eBay India: 3G USB MODEM DATA CARD, HUAWEI E173, 7.2Mbps/5.76Mbps (item 270747979509 end time 10-Jun-2011 19:24:54 IST)

Generally you will see this modem priced at 2200-2400 rs
  12. pritam79

pritam79 New Member

What about TaTa Photon?
  13. mickey

mickey New Member

its also good.. but Tata photon + is better than normal photon..
  14. r.dyp

r.dyp Member

Aircel 3G Hack fails 'coz to use Aircel 3G network u need to activate 3G 1st. And when u activate 3G, ur previous 2G Data pack will lapse and if u recharge GPRS pack on it , it will get invalid! :(
  15. selwyyyn

selwyyyn Guest

aircel on 2g

no way its possible.....but if u hav 3g mobile,u can get 3g speed by 2g plan!!!!rs 14,27,98)its easy to get..:)TIS IS ONLY FOR 3G MOBILES!!!!!!!! 1.recharge with POCKET INTERNET CARD OR EC RECHARGE.(ANY PLAN)
    2.BROWSE WITH GSM... 3.NOW SEND MSG AS "START 3G" TO 121.U WILL GET SUM MESSAGES SAYING TAT 3G HAS BEEN ACTIVATED..4.NOW CHANGE THE NETWORK TO UMTS WHILE U R BROWSING IN 2G MODE.......NOW EXPERIENCE 3GGGGGGGGGGGGGG.........NOTE:WEN U EXIT THE BROWSER AND STARTING A NEW SESSION,U HAV TO CHANGE THE MODE TO GSM AND WHILE U BROWS WIT GSM ,CHANGE AGAIN TO UMTS..........TATS ALL.
  16. anoopcoomar

anoopcoomar Guest

aircel hack

It is giving awesome speed using data card.I am getting around 400 kbps in torrent.[​IMG].
    Hack&Enjoy:cool:
  17. ankurrana

ankurrana Guest

Aircel recharge

Plese recharge aircel 3g. Gprs at no :- 9803711532
  18. preferity

preferity New Member

I'm getting 3G speed but as i'm first time using 3G they give me 250MB free use 15 days and 60 video calls.

I'm getting 3.6 Mbps download speed.I will post what happens to speed after completing my 250 MB free use.

Well my free 250 MB finished.And now if i login into UMTS mode it disconnect within a sec so i'm not able to use the 3G with this trick.

But i can use 2G service if i select 2G network manually i think it is because i recharged my no with 98 before activating 3G.

@anoopcoomar

Will you like to share how you are getting this speed?Any new trick?
    Are you sure you are getting this speed after completion of 250 MB free use?
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  19. niranjanbabu

niranjanbabu New Member

Aircel 3g on 2g not working now in andhraprdesh

Aircel 2g on 3g is not working in andhrapradesh dudes do you have any tricks pls reply
  20. Ankit Agrahari

Ankit Agrahari New Member

I am new in this forum...can anyone tell me that how to post thread in this website???please reply me.....

Thanx in advance........!!!!!