A strange Prob in Yahoo Messenger!

Discussion in 'Computer hardware and software tips and tricks' started by santoshdts, Dec 23, 2007.

1. santoshdts

santoshdts New Member

Hii..
    I am using Yahoo messenger 8.1.0.421, Whenever I open my messenger to log in . I get a error saying iertutil.dll missing, this dialog box appears for 5 times when i close that Iam able to log in to my messenger..

.But the Main probis after I log in i am disconnected within 45 mins.

Ive D/l that DLL file and pasted in c:/windows/system32 but still the prob exists.
    Iam using WINXP

any Tips to how to rectify thisRegards

Santosh
  2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Do you have a firewall? and which anti virus do you use?

Try running a virus scan asap and also ad-aware
    Also uninstall yahoo messenger and then install it again.

Do let me know if the problem still persists. will try something else.
  3. Badshah

Badshah New Member

Try the admin's idea and if you still face the problem, my suggestion is to format your XP. Don't forget to take backups if you gonna perform formatting.
  4. just4kix

just4kix Guardian Angel Staff Member

Dude, formating and reinstalling XP is not that easy. Also a complete reinstall will take at least 2 days with all other applications.
  5. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

May be try restoring windows to a date when your messenger used to work without any problem :)
  6. Badshah

Badshah New Member

well, I too know that formatting isn't an easy task. It's not a hard one though. But, what if you face necessary situation. You may need to spend 5 to 6 hrs to resintall the necessary applications.
  7. ashishtabla

ashishtabla New Member

Restoring to an earlier date can fix your problem..

and if you want to check your PC for any virus or malware issue..get you antivirus with latest update and start your PC in Safe Mode and scan for it.