100gb Free Data With Mts Mblaze Phone

Dear All,

while Searching for the best internet plan i just found MTS MBlaze plan in which on the purchase of MTS Mblaze 4.0, 4.5 & 5.0 phone you will get 100GB of data for an year . Phone costs 5299,7799 & 8999 Respectively.

Now the thing is....

whats the hidden policy behind this plan....

Im thinking to go for it coz my MTNL 100GB plan is about to finish that cost 5000.

Kindly Help.

Ishi

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
First of all MTS Mblaze phones are CDMA based so you cannot use a GSM sim card in those phones from what I understand. If you like one of these phones then yes it sounds like a good deal no doubt in it.

I have a Mblaze wifi modem and reception at my place is not bad. I have a Rs999 per month prepaid plan which gives me 20GB of data per month. I honestly dont have anything bad to say about MTS but you should check the signal strength in your area and also ask MTS if they allow this data to be used via wifi or USB tethering. Reliance does not allow tethering on some of their plans so I am guessing MTS may also have some restrictions in place.

I hardly use more then 6-7GB in a month on MTS and RS5299 for 100GB data with one year validity and a phone to go with it does not sound bad atall.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
I might be wrong on the GSM front because apparently the MTS Mblaze 5.0 phone is dual technology and would also take a GSM sim card.

Here is the small print :

MTSMblaze mobile phone.jpg

You would need to recharge every month to be able to carry forward this 100GB data over to the next month. This data initially is only valid for a month and can only be used through the next 12 months by keeping on recharging the phone every month. If you forget to recharge within the month then your data allowance will be lost.

Last edited:
Big Thanks for the Info.
Mobile Phone Plus 198*12=2376 . hmm dont know yet hows the Phone quality. it involve Risk.
Is there anyone using this?
MTS people said U can share Internet using Hotspot but i Doubt...

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
To be honest it would be a pain in the *** to remember to recharge within time to make sure you dont lose the data. You obviously already have your MTNL sim card and probably a modem and a router to go with it so why not just recharge that instead :)

Thanks Admin for the Suggestion and Literally MTNL is way Better than MTS but the only Problem i face eversince is it doesn't connect easily however once it get connected it never lose the connection. Im using Huawei EC1731. i use APN mtnl.net
Morever, My TP-Link MR3020 modem is just a waste with MTNL 3G connection. it takes too long to be connected. Dont know whats wrong but Router works fine with Prithvi BSNL EVDO and MTS ZTE device.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
If you are some one who wont forget to recharge on time then MTS deal looks ok with that mobile phone :) May be you could sell it and use the sim card in a USB wifi modem instead.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
You might get lucky showing the router to your local "computer wala". If it is just delayed connection then I wouldn't really bother because that's how these things work. This model is not the best in the league either so there are some drawbacks.

i think there is some minor problem with settings with Dolphin 3G. I guess ur familiar with Dolphin. i remember u were using dolphin before with same router. how was it?

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
It was good while it lasted. My router has gone bust and my sim card was deactivated for some reason. I will probably get a new one soon.